Lil' Bear Bento
- Pink bear is a hard boiled egg made with an egg mold. I dipped the egg in hot water colored with pink food coloring before putting it in the egg mold. Her hair bow is cut from a red bell pepper.
- Provolone and Cheddar cheese hearts surround the bear made with a mini heart food cutter.
- The yellow bear sauce container holds ranch dressing for dipping the green beans, carrot and cucumber apple (cut with mini apple food cutter). A bento food pick bear flag is sticking in a green bean.
- Purple bear is sushi rice pressed in a bear rice mold. I'm working on perfecting a sweet rice (think rice pudding). I'm getting close but it's not quite there yet, so I will wait to post that recipe. I colored the rice with purple food coloring and her hair flower is cut from a slice of pineapple. The bears face is made with a nori punch.
- Red raspberries surround purple bear with a pink Bento food fork bear.
- Finally, we have Teddy Graham crackers.
Red Raspberry Jam
The organic berries were just the right sweet-tart for jam making!
I haven't gotten around to labeling and decorating all the jars but the jar on top of my 1920's WayRite scale is looking for a happy home! Followers of my blog can leave a comment on this post and I will do a drawing on Sunday 10/24/2010 and announce the lucky winner.
I am happy to answer any questions, so please leave them as a comment and I will repy.
Thanks so much and Happy Friday!!!!