I love munchies! I wouldn't exactly categorize myself as a sports fan, (although Mike and I did make the trek to the 2009 Super Bowl) but if a sports party includes a pot-luck of snacks--well then, sign me up!
Here are three easy TASTY dips to feed and please the fans.
Seven Layer Mexican Dip
*Photo from the Grand Rapids Press
*This recipe was inspired by a very similar one posted by Karlee on LLS. I've added my own twist to it. Thanks Karlee! This is a great one!
7-Layer Mexican Dip
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled,cored,mashed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, no stems
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 whole minced jalapeno pepper, seeds removed.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2-1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 9oz cans bean dip
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can black olives (sliced or chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
1. Mix avocados, cilantro, lime juice, minced jalapeno & salt.
2. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and taco seasoning mix.
3. Layer ingredients as follows.
4. Bottom layer: Bean Dip.
5. Second layer: Avocado mixture.
6. Third layer: Sour cream mixture.
7. Fourth layer: Tomatoes.
8. Fifth layer: Onions.
9. Sixth layer: Olives.
10. Seventh layer: Cheese (I like to use Colby Jack cheese).
11. Top with extra sour cream/olives/salsa, etc. if desired.
Hot Artichoke Parmesan Dip
Drain artichoke quarters. I leave mine like this but you can chop them a bit if you like smaller bites.
Add Mayo. (use a good Mayo like Best Foods).
Freshly grate Parmesan cheese. (do not use powdered or pre-grated cheese, it will not melt properly)
Add cheese to artichoke/mayo mixture and stir to combine.
Spread into a 9"X13" pan.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25min. Until top is lightly browned and bubbling.
You need a hearty cracker for this dip. I like to serve it with Roasted Garlic Triscuits.
Hot Artichoke Dip
2, 15oz cans Quartered Artichoke, drained.
1 cup Best Foods Mayo
1 cup freshly finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Spread in a 9"X13" pan. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 min. Until top is lightly browned and bubbly.
Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Pick the meat off a Rotisserie Chicken
Mix chicken with buffalo sauce.
Spread softened cream cheese in the bottom of a 9"X13" pan.
Layer Buffalo chicken mixture on top of cream cheese.
I made a batch of Hidden Valley buttermilk ranch
Spread ranch over chicken mixture.
Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips or celery (for low carb).
Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 whole rotisserie chicken
2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 to 1 1/2 cups buffalo wing sauce
1 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Pick the meat off a rotisserie chicken and combine with buffalo sauce in a mixing bowl.
Spread softened cream cheese on the bottom of 9"X13" pan.
Spread buffalo chicken mixture on top.
Spread blue cheese or ranch dressing on top of chicken mixture.
Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake 350 degrees for 20 min.
Serve with tortilla chips or celery (for low carb).