Friday, November 26, 2010

"Leftover" Turkey Sliders, Sweet Potato Fries & Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes...Oh My!

I think the scrumdelicious turkey sandwiches created the next day are what I love most about Thanksgiving dinner!  I've been know to pile just about anything from the Thanksgiving meal on my post holiday sandwich.  This year I decided to jazz things up a bit.  After reading a Facebook post that made me salivate when someone mentioned dipping their sweet potato french fries in a pumpkin pie milk shake (yes, Dustin...you are responsible), I decided this must be included in my post holiday menu!   

I started my menu planning by hunting for the best pumpkin pie milkshake recipe I could find.  The one I decided to make was featured in Cooking Light as a recipe contest finalist with rave reviews.
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001141977
Pumpkin Pie Shake

Next for the sweet potato fries!
I've heard Trader Joes has delicious sweet potato fries, but I just couldn't make it there before the holiday, so I grabbed these Ore Ida Sweet Potato Fries at the grocery store. They were GOOD!


Armed with leftover turkey, Rhodes dinner rolls and the usual Thanksgiving fair.  I came up with these Turkey sliders.  Splitting a Rhodes dinner roll, I spread one side with mayo and the other with honey butter (see this post for recipe  http://thelemonista.blogspot.com/2010/10/bee-happy-eat-honey-butter.html) and cranberry sauce.  I then loaded the roll with as much turkey as it could hold and stabbed the creation through with a toothpick.  DELISH!   I think the only way to improve would be to add a slice of Monterey Jack Cheese and pop them, open face, under the broiler to melt the cheese.  Alas, I was fresh out of this yummy cheese.  There's always next year.  Grin.



Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment