Saturday, July 23, 2011

No-Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Bars


We're going to do some candy making today, and I can't think of a better start than the delicious combo of peanut butter and chocolate. I mean, who didn't love Reese's Peaunut Butter Cups growing up?

If you have a minute, check out this blog post for a great read about one of America's favorite treats.

The recipe I'm featuring today came from good 'ol Mom's recipe box.  After some research, I found an identical recipe on Kraftfoods.com, but under a different name No Oven Peanut Butter Squares.  This is the recipe I'll be using today, so go to this link to print the recipe.  However, do look at my tutorial below as I've added extra details to ensure you get perfect results.

You will need:

LINE 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.


MELT butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec.



Add powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and peanut butter.







Mix well.


Spread into prepared pan.


Melt chocolate in a microwaveable bowl on high, 30 sec at a time, stirring between each 30 secs until melted (no more than 2 min total)  DO NOT overheat chocolate or it will burn and there is no cure for burnt chocolate.




Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture in pan.


Spread evenly.





Refrigerate for 15 min and the cut partially through to mark 48 squares. 




Refrigerate another 45 min until set.  Cut all the way through mixture into squares.  I store these in the frig because I love them cold :-)


***I wanted to add that these could be made with Sunflower Butter from Trader Joes if someone in your family has a peanut allergy.

Enjoy!

~The Lemonista

2 comments: