Friday, November 30, 2012

Displaying Holiday Dishes ~ The Friendly Village

We've had these charming holiday dishes for some time.

The pattern is The Friendly Village by Johnson Brothers. They belonged to my husband's Great Great Aunt Toni, who lived to the ripe old age of 102.
 
Although we try to use these dishes every Christmas, they spend most of their time packed in boxes. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's dishes that are easy to access--get used. Dishes in boxes--don't.

This is our first Christmas season in our new home and I'm so excited to have room in my new kitchen to make better use of these pretty dishes and put them on display.
The best part--these dishes are dishwasher and microwave safe AND the pattern is still being produced--So if one of my kids breaks a plate, I just order a new one. Wink.


Did I mention these dishes are reasonably priced?
Yep. That too.

Here's the turkey platter mounted to my dining room wall.


and a nook in my kitchen.


and yet another platter above my sink :-)


I've been recovering from major surgery and unable to drive so I used fresh roses and rosemary from my garden and some silver mercury glass ornaments as accents.


Now how nice does my breakfast look on this festive plate. I look forward to using these dishes every day this Christmas season.


If you have special dishes that you love. I hope this posts gives you a few ideas how to enjoy them for more than just one holiday meal.

Enjoy,

~The Lemonista

Feathered Nest Friday

2 comments: