Friday, December 16, 2011
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
In my quest to come up with a fun treat to bring to my kids holiday classroom parties, I came across these darling Hot Cocoa Cupcakes on Days of Chalk and Chocolate blog. As soon as my eyes hit the screen, I knew these were perfect. Here's my tutorial on how to make these simple yet fabulous cupcakes. Thanks to Jenny for the amazing idea!
You will need:
1. Bake your cupcakes according to the instructions on the box. I baked the cupcakes in Reynolds foil cupcake liners to look like little tin mugs.*grin*
2. Using a Bakery Crafts #9P tip (which is basically just a big plain round circle) I piped white icing/ whipped frosting on the top of the cupcake to look like a dollop of whipped cream. Leave some of the chocolate cake exposed around the edge so you can see some hot cocoa ;-) You could also try dolloping on the frosting with a spoon or filling a ziploc bag with frosting, snipping off the corner and decorating that way.
3. Sprinkle on some hot cocoa mix or cocoa powder.
4. Add three mini marshmallows.
5. Hook a mini candy cane into the side of the cupcake to look like a handle.
*Hint. Some of my candy canes were a little long and I trimmed the tail with a sharp knife.
That's it! Here they are all boxed up and ready to go to the kids schools.